Leadership Unseen

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

It Is NOT About You

 LIFE is not about me, and it most likely not about you.  True leadership is understanding interconnection of the smallest acts of kindness. 

 


Leadership is divinely assigned, and holds great expectation


Leadership leads others to safety, heath, and growth


Leadership is empathy, and empathy is powerful


Leadership is sacrificing, humble, and misunderstood


Authentic leadership is about what you know you can do for others in need, and you take the responsibility 


Leadership is proudly standing in the back while holding your breath


Leadership is sacrificing time, love, energy and talent to shape others… others that just deserve an opportunity or resources most take for granted


Leaders know that their blessing are not their own, they are gifts to be used through compassion, determination, hard work and commitment


TRUE leadership is not a brand, is not learned and is most often not recognized in this materialistic world.  


I am a true leader, and at times in my exhaustion and disgust at the world, I want to use my skill, expertise, and talents to get a fancy job, drive a new Mercedes, and make lots of money.  I imagine my life and enjoy my confidence in choosing that life.. Then I remember, the child helped save from suicide, nonverbal mentally retarded violent child, that because of my persistence, is correctly identified, talking incessantly, and is socially accepted.  I remember the abandoned kid begging for help with his addiction, who graduated from high school and became successful.  I think of my life and how proud I am of the decisions I have made, because they are truly my best work.  


See, I know special education students and dyslexics are the smartest people in society.  I know an abused foster child I helped save can grow up to receive The Medal of Honor, I know my most monetarily successful student was a nonreader, with high spatial and creative talents.  


I know the underserved kids with dreams, work ethic, and determination like no other, wants to grow.. They have talents that would shape the world in unique ways… but who will make sure they get the program they need? If I am driving around in my new Audii and giving dinner parties in my Channel gown.  


Then I remember, I get bored with adults trying to appear better than the Jone’s.  No one is authentic and I feel pity on them.  They think getting bigger and better stuff makes them feel good.  But, it never lasts… they want bigger and better soon after.  If they had the self awareness, and bravery to accept that giving is better than receiving, and helping a human being better their life, and the lives of many, changes the world. 


The richest person I know lives in a small cabin, and drives an old Ford truck. He helps others, is  unpretentious  and loves to spend time teaching kids to fish, chop wood, or Bible stories. 


It is NOT about ME… and it is NOT about YOU.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

ADHD Leadership

Part 1 How I could make the world a better place... ADHD leaders?  Disclaimer: This is an opinion piece from an ADHD leader.   If I were a S...